While your Lennox® heater can’t chat with you, it does have a way to communicate a furnace error.
Its control board has twin LED lights that can share a fault code. Based on the failure, your heater may use solid or flashing lights.
While there are various simple furnace fixes you can finish on your own, the majority of repairs are best left to experts. When your furnace will not kick on or put out warmth, get in touch with Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling at 804-302-6657 for expert furnace repair in Greater Richmond.
Our experts will quickly detect and fix the problem, even if you don’t use a Lennox heater. We can service all types or configuration—and get the comfort returned to your residence fast.
What Does the Flickering Light on My Heating System Mean?
Your heater depends on lights to flash code when it requires repairs. It also uses these lights to let you know it’s operating like it should.
Regular function includes:
- Simultaneous slow flash—heating system working correctly.
- Simultaneous fast flash—furnace is starting to call for heat.
If you notice a single light going on and off slowly and the other going on and off fast, your furnace might have a low flame signal. This can occur even when your heater is operating like it should. It means the flame sensing rod could have buildup or in the wrong location on the burner. Contact us at 804-302-6657 for help.
Here are some of the most routine faults for Lennox heaters.
Furnace Will Not Kick On
Here are some of the light patterns you might notice when your heat refuses to or keep operating. Most of these issues need to be taken care of by an expert, for instance from Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.
- Both LED lights aren’t lit. This means your heater might not be receiving power. Look at the breaker box to make sure the heater fuse isn’t flipped. Try resetting the fuse if it is in the “off” position. If it immediately trips after you reset it, don’t try to reset it again and contact us at 804-302-6657.
- One light is continuous and the other is blinking slowly. This implies the flame rollout switch is likely malfunctioning. The switch is a critical safety tool that assists in preventing fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t attempt to take care of this problem on your own.
- An individual light is flashing rapidly and the other is blinking slowly. This often means power polarity has been transposed. Your heater might have a wiring issue that calls for professional support from Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.
- The pair of lights are blinking slowly. This indicates your heater’s blower motor probably isn’t running. This part sends warm air from the HVAC system into your home. We can assist in pinpointing what’s wrong with this component.
- A single light is flickering slowly and the other is flashing quickly. This signifies your heater might have low voltage or a short circuit. Reach out to our specialists at 804-302-6657 for help.
- One light is blinking on, on, off while the other blinks on, off, on. This signifies there may be a malfunction with your heating system’s motherboard or wiring. Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can locate the issue and take care of it.
- The duo of lights show alternating slow flickers. This signifies your HVAC equipment may have a flame issue. There may be an issue with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Get in touch with us at 804-302-6657 for support.
- An individual light blinks slowly while the other stays solid. This usually signifies your heater’s limit switch is not working. The switch prevents your HVAC equipment from overheating. Call the professionals at Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for help.
Heating System Blower Runs But No Heat
Here’s what might be wrong when you hear your heating equipment’s blower fan running, but you aren’t receiving any warm air.
- The pair of lights display every other fast flickers. This signifies your furnace ignitor might be broken. This component ignites energy in your furnace to produce warm air and should be repaired by an expert from Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.
Depend on Us for Expert Furnace Repair
When you have to get your heating system repaired without delay, turn to the experts at Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Our techs will take care of the error without delay and have your residence feeling cozy again soon. Reach out to us at 804-302-6657 or contact us online to get an appointment now.