There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Greater Richmond, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to think about annual air conditioner service as well, but probably not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners solely associate air conditioner service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly cooling costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees could help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, swapping air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling technician comes by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures go down in Greater Richmond. Whether you’re calling to set up annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is correct for your system, give the experts at Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling a call at 804-302-6657 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.