During the colder Greater Richmond months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling as soon as possible if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling at 804-302-6657 or book an appointment with us online.