As springtime starts, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Greater Richmond? Even if your AC equipment is newer or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling specialist can help spot minor issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy consumption—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps spot little problems before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine parts and complete a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into extensive troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and components:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
This week is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 804-302-6657 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.