With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can cut a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically heighten your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling specialist perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system running well for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify possible issues before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Herman Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling a call at 804-302-6657.